NFIMR Overview: 4 minute video describing FIMR process; appropriate for community members and professionals.
Text4Baby Webinar Video: Meeting Your FIMR Goals: Text4baby as a Tool; one hour webinar with Andrea Schwartz Goodman, MSW, MPH, National Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Coalition and Rebecca Shoemaker, BS, CHES, Dallas County Texas FIMR.
FIMR Center Update!
We recently held an online discussion of the new National Center for Fetal, Infant and Child Death Review funded by MCHB to combine NFIMR and CDR. We want to answer any questions and concerns regarding this change. We included topics on the new web based data system, maternal interview online module, and opportunities to participate in Center activities. We want to emphasize that the Center celebrates the unique components of FIMR & CDR; we are committed to safeguarding the integrity of each review process.
You can find the archived webinar here.
Please call or email your questions!
NFIMR 7th National Conference
- Adapting FIMR to Address MCH Sentinel Events: Successful National, State and Local Experience: Meena Abraham, DrPH, MPH, Karen R. Coon, ARNP, MSN, Steven Neisheim, MD
- National Efforts to Address Health Disparities and Achieve Health Equity: Michael R. Fraser, PhD, J. Nadine Garcia, MD, MSCE, Paul Jarris, MD, MBA, Robert M. Pestronk, MPH
- Basic Track Workshop A: ABC’s of FIMR
- Asessing the Cultural Competence of Your FIMR Program- Suzanne Bronheim, PhD
- Team Leading- Moderator: Dawn Dailey, PhD, RN, Charlene Deuber
- Community Assets Development: A Practical Review- Elizabeth Serow, PhD, MPH
- FIMR in California- Moderator: Maria Jocson, MD, MPH, FAAP, Margaret Chao, MPH, PhD, Suzzette Celeste Johnson, MSW MPA, Nancy Keleher, MA
- FIMR In Louisiana- Annelle Tanner, EdD, RN, Mary Craig, RN, MSN, MS, Lisa Norman, RN, MS
- Data Resources FIMRs Can Use- Beth DeFrancis, MLS, Rebecca Russell, MSPH, Ashley Schrempf, PhD
- Adapting FIMR to Address Life Course Issues, Reduce Disparities and Achieve Health Equity- Moderator: Magda Peck, ScD
- Text4Babies- Kathleen Murphy
Pregnancy in the Context of a Woman’s Lifespan
Pregnancy is not simply an isolated event or time period in a woman’s life. It is influenced by a myriad of contextual factors that occur years before, as well as immediately before and during the pregnancy. As a part of the continuum of a woman’s life, and the contextual factors within that continuum, pregnancy itself has a major impact on future health risks for the mother and the baby as well. Understanding the import and influence of a woman’s health risks and across the reproductive decades on future pregnancy risks and outcomes is key to ensuring that the health of women is optimized, as well as that of future generations.
Fetal and Infant Mortality Review: Alabama Training
NFIMR partnered with the Alabama Department of Public Health in January 2009 to produce this training with Jodi Shaefer, Patt Young, and Dani Noel, all experienced FIMR trainers. Topics include data abstraction, the maternal interview, and case review and community action. Thank you to the Alabama Department of Public Health for hosting the training on their website!
NFIMR Slide Presentation
This slide presentation can be used to orient community groups about the FIMR process and its benefits. It gets to the heart of the FIMR philosophy and process and illustrates what it can do at the community level.
Webinar: Using the FIMR Cultural and Linguistic Competence Assessment Tool (originally presented October 25, 2011)
The presentation discusses the concepts of cultural and linguistic competence as they apply to the FIMR process and reviews the benefits, principles and potential approaches to cultural and linguistic competence self-assessment that are appropriate for FIMR programs. The webinar also discusses the Cultural and Linguistic Competence Organizational Assessment Instrument (CLCOA) for FIMR programs.