New Funding Opportunity for SIDS/SUID programs
December 5, 2012
The CJ Foundation for SIDS is pleased to announce that application materials for the Program Services Mini-Grant are now available. Programs offering education or bereavement services relating to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID)* and/or Infant Safe Sleep are eligible to apply for funding.
The purpose of the Program Services Mini-Grant is to support the mission of the CJ Foundation for SIDS through activities that:
- Promote Safe Sleep for Infants
- Educate about Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Risk Reduction and Safe Sleep for Infants
- Provide grief support for parents and others who have experienced the sudden, unexpected death of an infant
In order to apply for a grant you must follow the application outline provided by the CJ Foundation for SIDS. The application materials will not be posted on the website. To receive the materials, please contact me directly.
Prior to requesting the application, please note the following important info:
- Applicant must demonstrate that services relating to SIDS, SUID, and/or Infant Safe Sleep are an established part of the organization’s services
- Request may not exceed $5,000
- Application is due by email by the end of the business day on Friday, December 14, 2012
- Funding cycle: December 21, 2012 to December 20, 2013
Due to limited funds, the CJ Foundation will give priority to organizations that:
- demonstrate financial need
- demonstrate programmatic need based on the organization’s service area’s SIDS/SUID rates in comparison to the national SIDS/SUID rates
Thank you for your interest in the CJ Foundation’s grant program. Please contact me with any additional questions.
* For the purpose of the grant program, Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID) refers to deaths that occur during sleep and often are classified as undetermined, accidental asphyxiation, suffocation, overlay, or accidental suffocation and strangulation in bed (ASSB).